Report Potholes Directly to the Road Commission

As spring pothole season approaches in Michigan, the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) asks residents and motorists to contact the agency directly to report potholes and other road safety issues.
“Several Websites now encourage motorists to post road safety concerns,” noted RCOC Managing Director Brent Bair. “However, these sites do not share these complaints directly with the road commission.”
If pothole complaints are called or e-mailed directly to the Road Commission, they are addressed as expediently as possible. Residents can contact RCOC’s Department of Customer Service directly via phone (toll free) at 877-858-4804 or through the Road Commission’s Website, (click on the “contact us” button).
The Department of Customer Services is staffed weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. The best way to report a non-emergency problem after hours is to file a report at the RCOC Website. For emergencies during non-business hours, contact the RCOC dispatch office at 248-858-4895.
​”We take the safety of motorists seriously,” Bair said. “The best way to have a concern addressed on the county road and bridge network is by directly contacting the Road Commission. When using alternate methods to report potholes, there is often an unnecessary delay leading to additional frustration and potential damage to vehicles.”

About Tom and Ann Gendich

Founders of Rochester Media. Looking to provide great local news to all people in and around Rochester and Rochester Hills. Send them a note at

Speak Your Mind