Stoney Creek Resurfacing to start in Oakland and Orion Townships

The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) expects its contractor to begin work Monday, April 15 on the resurfacing of Stoney Creek Road between Orion and Rochester roads in Orion and Oakland townships.

The 4.73-mile project involves some road-base repair, guardrail placement and the application of 1.5 inches of new asphalt. The repair of a culvert under the road was part of the project, but was completed last year. FOR LOCAL (None)

During the project, the road will remain open to traffic, but will frequently be reduced to one lane of traffic, with traffic directed by a flagger. The project is expected to be completed by Saturday, June 1.

The project is expected to cost about $1 million, with 80 percent of the cost being covered with federal dollars. The remaining 20 percent will be paid for by RCOC.

The work will be completed by Ajax Paving Industries of Troy.


About Tom and Ann Gendich

Founders of Rochester Media. Looking to provide great local news to all people in and around Rochester and Rochester Hills. Send them a note at

Speak Your Mind